Friday, June 25, 2010

full disclosure

Miles today: 5.2
On the iPod: "Taking The Long Way" -- Dixie Chicks

Before I get to today's run, i've got to address my last post. Mrs. Pugh, who teaches AP Euro and will be running the Chicago Marathon with me, has been following my blog (mainly because I'm forcing her to) and called me out because I didn't fully disclose some information that she feels relevant. She is arguing that a blogger should have a full disclosure policy. I've pondered this thought and have decided to take Mrs. Pugh's advice. From this day forward i'll give the full monty in my writings.

So here's the real truth: while the lobby of the Don Cesar hotel is indeed visually stunning in it's opulence, the whole reason that I went in there was because I had to go to the bathroom. Big potty. There. I said it. I had to go. So I did. In the lobby bathroom of the Don Cesar in St. Pete's Beach, Florida. Then I kept running. Ha!!!!

And in the spirit of full disclosure: Mrs. Pugh is pretty much the best teacher I know. She's awesome. She just "gets it" in terms of guiding the students toward analysis of content and other higher order thinking skills. And I totally value and enjoy her friendship. More than she knows.

Today's run was blazingly hot. Holy Tamales it was hot! I embarked shortly after the noon hour and am pretty sure the temperature must have been in the low nineties. I ate three Gu Chomps before leaving and had about six ounces of water. iPod immediately shuffled to "Taking The Long Way" by the Dixie Chicks, which is a song that I completely love. I feel like I've taken the long way in life as well. I think what Natalie Maines said regarding being ashamed that GWB is from Texas was perfectly acceptable. In fact, I applaud her for making no bones about her opposition to such a stupid war and a misguided presidency. And for the record: I'm not ready to make nice, either.

I ran to the next little beach town, Pass-A-Grille. Totally bizarre name. It is wildly underdeveloped with no high-rises at all. Only quaint beach houses. I pretty much loved it instantly and will be going back tonight for dinner at a water-front bar/restaurant called Sea Critters. Another totally bizarre name. But they were gracious enough to give me water before I turned around, so i'll be gracious enough to patronize the business tonight. Plus, they have crab cakes on the menu. Score!

1 comment:

  1. wish I was there to explore the new beaches! I have been haveing fun here in Fay. with all the outside work that I enjoy so much. Your neighbor across the street came over and visited with me for some time yesterday as I was "piddling" in the yard. I enjoy her visited but she knows very little about yard work. The day before her and her husban came over and wanted to see your back yard. Needless to say they were blown away and want to know how to build a deck like yours! I nejoyed their visit. We have had record high temp. here in Fay. be glad you are on the beach. Charles and Avery are going full speed. Got to go. See you Sun. d/d

    ReplyDelete